Sunday, December 08, 2013

Bonnie Bramlett - Sweet Bonnie Bramlett (1973)

I haven't posted much Bonnie Bramlett before, but this was requested. So, here you have. It's Bonnie's first solo album and it's a very Soulful affair. Not my rip and I'm hoping for an upgrade in the future. Nevertheless, this is the voice alright. You might know her from her work with Delaney, you might know her for being the only white Ikette, but diehard Southern Rock fans will surely know her from contributions as a back-up singer for many Southern Rock releases in the 70's. And what a voice this woman has! Though this rip of the album is somewhat crackly, it's still well-worth checking out. Fired up Southern Soul Rock, guaranteed to show you a good time. And Bonnie Bramlett is still a force to be reckoned with. For those of you reluctant getting this: if you dig Wet Willie, you will surely dig this as well! Good vibrations!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you for the Bramlett

Fred E. said...

The track, Sorrow of Love is only 29 seconds long. Is it supposed to be that way?

Skydogg said...

I guess maybe not. Then again, I don't own the record. Anybody with an answer or an improved version of this album? Rate your music states that there was a limited Japanese CD release from 2007. A CD rip would be nice! ;)

whiteray said...

I think that it should be merged with the next track. I don't have the vinyl, but that's the way it sounds.

Unknown said...

I love this vinyl record in the way of Delaney & Bonnie music,only whant to know who play on this record as band?