Thursday, April 22, 2010

Joe Sun - The Sun Never Sets (1984)



Another Joe Sun record for ya! "The Sun Never Sets" is as good as any Joe Sun record. The man just won't ever let you down. Then again, neither will he shock you with anything unexpected. But that's just fine by me. So what you get is another classic Outlaw Country album that can hold its own with the best of the genre. I never tire of his beautiful gravelly voice, nor does his Outlaw Country repertoire ever disappoint me. Quality stuff here. And some hot picking as well! Just goes to show, not everything I like the most is bad for me.

7 comments:

Hippy Karen said...

Another classic album by Joe Sun - thank you Skydog!

Mtree said...

So awesome! Any new Joe Sun posting is cause for cracking a beer and listening! Thanks, Skydog.

joetomrud said...

Thank you for remembering my request - that's
the final piece of my Joe Sun collection!

You do great work on this blog, please keep it going
and enrich us all, musically (at least).

Joe in Dublin.

Chad said...

Is it possible that anyone might have I Ain't Honky Tonkin' No More. I can not finad it anywhere. It is the only one of his old stuff I do not have.

Skydogg said...

That's the next one I'll post. Stay tuned...

Chad said...

I do not understand what happened with Joe Sun. I think I read where Johnny Cash really liked his stuff an so many others did as well. You listen to his version of "Old Flames" and then, listen to any other version, Dolly Parton or ecen Merle Haggard, and he trumps them. Those versions are not even in the same league as his. Slow Moving Freight Train, I Ain't Honky Tonkin', and quite possibly the best version of Will the Circle Be Unbroken I have ever heard, Don't forget "Fraulein", again my favorite version. Wow, what happened. Dude should have been up there with the greats of his generation (is with me). I can't tell you how much I appreciate being able to get ahold of his stuff. This is by far the best find I've seen in a long time.

kobilica said...

Many thanks"SKYDOGG" for JOE SUN albums.One of my favourite artists...