Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Ian Moore - Ian Moore (1993)



Ian Moore drew my attention at the time because he was signed to the revived Capricorn label. Since Capricorn Records was, at one time, major provider of Southern Rock, I was sure to keep a close eye on any new Capricorn release. Whereas a lot of those new acts weren't exactly Southern Rock, I thought Ian Moore came pretty close. Ian was an Austin, Texas axe slinger, compared a lot to Stevie Ray Vaughn. Blasphemous or no, I never cared much for the albums made by Stevie Ray. And I don't think the comparison holds very well. Ian's music is much less bluesy, much more rocking and much more song oriented. The guy sure can play, and sings quite attractively as well. Sturdy, bluesy Southern Rock, slightly out of left field. He made two more records for Capricorn and then Capricorn collapsed yet again. Ian has been making music ever since, though he changed his style profoundly. Of course that is from what I've read about it, since I have yet to hear any of the albums after his third, "Modernday Folklore". But be sure to check this out if you haven't heard of Ian Moore. You'll be glad you did. Not In Vain...

8 comments:

Luc said...

The short "Live From Austin" (Capricorn, 1994) is his other interesting CD.

Skydogg said...

Which I will post sometime next month. Does anyone have a link to some of his later albums?

Anonymous said...

Question... Where is Ian Moore today? He slithered back into oblivion. I was the soundman at the Fern Park Station, simply called "The Station." In 1993 a young punk came across my stage and I was not impressed. Could he play? Sure he could, but his rig had some connection problems and his tech could not figure it out and Ian gave up in frustration and literally pitched a temper tantrum right there on stage in front of everyone and it was not pretty as he stormed off the stage like a immature child. Pissed me off. I expected more and better from him, but I got to see his truth that night. So where is Ian Moore today? And why isn't anyone hearing about him and his music other than as a washed up once upon a time player? Sad Ian Moore. Really sad. So much more was expected of you and you have let everyone down.

Anonymous said...

Apparently, there is an issue with the hosting service. File's not available. And for "Anonymous" -- Ian is touring regularly. Everyone has a bad night at work once in a while.

Skydogg said...

New link up!

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU! Looking at the related posts now.

S D Joe said...

If you get the chance, by all means check out Modernday Folklore. Best thing he ever did, and that's not to downgrade his other records.

Skydogg said...

There's more Moore: http://skydogselysium.blogspot.com/search/label/Ian%20Moore