Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Mac Gayden - Hymn To The Seeker (1976)



Mac Gayden was one of the original members of Barefoot Jerry and before that of Area Code 615. Both bands consisted of country session pickers with a knack for rock and roll. Though slightly offbeat. And using whatever influence necessary for creating exiting music. A footnote in Southern Rock, especially Barefoot Jerry were an eclectic force to be reckoned with. A shame hardly anybody noticed (though Charlie Daniels did mention them in 'The South's Gonna Do it Again').
After Barefoot's debut Mac went on to become a solo artist, releasing three albums in the 70's. This one, 'Hymn To The Seeker', is my favorite. It has a bit of a hippie-feel to it, but it's also very adventurous and all good fun. Play this in the garden while you're BBQ-ing with some friends in the sun. It's a treat!
When I was about to make a new rip of this, I searched if it wasn't already circulating. Turns out it was, but all I could find were some dead links. So I ripped it at 256 kbps. It turned out very nice, but after I was done I found the other version. I grabbed that one, and I must say that one is very good too.
Anyhoo, here you have it.

1 comment:

Joey525471@gmail.com said...

Coming of age in the shadow of the Nashville radio market I was privy to more great music by players who recorded albums that didn’t get AirPlay elsewhere. For this I am truly grateful.